And since I had already replaced the light fixture, I wanted something to match. I found a great Delta faucet, and set out to become a plumber apprentice. I managed to get the old faucet off, with the help of my brother via telephone. And soon had the new one on. But I quickly realized that was only half the battle - as the drain plug also had to be replaced. That involved a new drain assembly. Hmmm...was I ready to tackle this? The logical path was - "what's the worst that can happen?" I knew that if I screwed up, I could indeed call a plumber to fix it. But if I could accomplish this - and save my $$ for something else - I would be much happier. I called my uncle (as my brother was no longer available) to get some advice, and he was confident I could do it. So I tore into it, and started removing things and soon held the drain assembly and p-trap in my hands. I tried to follow the instructions and do everything it said...and attached the new drain. The true test......would it leak?? Heavy sigh...yes...it dropped a couple drops of water underneath from the bottom of the sink. I must have stared at those few droplets for about 10 minutes. After regaining my senses, I took the drain assembly back off, added a GENEROUS amount of plumber's putty, and re-attached the seal. I tried to use more muscle this time, and got it tighter.
Test # 2. Turn the water back on, and let it run....and run....and run.... No Leaks!! Hooray!! I waited for a while, and ran the water again - I pulled the plug up and let water hold in the sink, and then let it drain, all that stuff. And hallelujah, no leaks! So this is my new faucet.

Wow - beautiful faucet - great job Superwoman!! ;o) I'm impressed!! Gotta love that feeling of accomplishment, huh! God is so good...He was listening for sure!!
ReplyDeleteLove and Hugs,
Becky