
It has been a nice weekend in Colorado. Wonderfully mild temperatures - considering that the month of March could bring anything. But it was in the 60's today, and the perfect opportunity to officially break-in the new grill!! So I asked my best friend, Gwen to come over, and we fired up the grill. This was a special occasion, so there were no hot dogs or burgers. No, this called for fat, juicy steaks. And veggies drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. I popped a couple of potatoes in the oven, and before long, we had a really good lunch!! I suppose I should have spoken a few words in honor of the new grill, but the aroma of the steaks caused my heart to race and my lips to quiver. So there were no words except "How do you want your steak? Medium or medium rare?"
And I suppose I could have taken a picture of my steak to show you, but I couldn't wait that long! So I'll just post a photo of Gwen and me at my house-warming party.
Indeed, it was a noteworthy day! And I feel a habit forming. I like this grilling thing, and perhaps could find a way to cook everything out there!!

There's just nothing in the world like a juicy steak from the grill!! Glad it was a happy grill-christening! And you couldn't have shared it with a nicer friend! I'm happy for you in your cozy home...sounds like you're enjoying it thoroughly!
ReplyDeleteHappy grilling (think you can grill Twinkies...?? :o)
Hugs and Blessings,
Becky
** NOTE - apparently you CAN grill Twinkies...I kid you not: http://www.aldenteblog.com/2008/07/grilled-twinkie.html
Amazing!!