Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Colors in the Yard

Well, it looks like all that rain is doing wonders in the yard. I have some wonderful colors scattered about, so I felt like sharing them. First is the clematis vine out front. Is that the right word? I hope so.



These blooms are huge, I tell you. They are gorgeous, and the vine itself is nearly covered with them. I took this next photo just for perspective on the size.


And then in the back yard, along the fence I have several bushes of these lovely gems. I think they are peonies??? Boy, this is bad. But the flowers are pretty.
Such a rich color!! So far, this is the only bush in bloom, but the other 4 are covered with buds, so I'm excited to see them swallowed up in lush beauty!
And I also have a few snapdragons in the front, along the sidewalk. I see the first bloom popping it's head up today.


And finally, and yes, somewhat least, I have some puny columbines along the house in the back. I dearly love columbines, as they belong to Colorado, but these look pitiful. The color is dull, and the blooms are small. I am sure it has something to do with too much sun, or not enough water. Nonetheless - they get posted, because they are in my yard.

Well, this is the best bloom on the bunch - and you really can't tell how small it is. Trust me, it's lacking. But I'm encouraging it to grow!!

It's fun to see such diversity in God's creation. He simply could have done everything in black and white, and we would never have known the difference. But He created colors so rich and true, and brushed them across the earth in magnificent fashion - just so we could enjoy them. Psalm 104:24 "How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all..."

I believe God delights in the beauty of His creation, and even more so when His children stop to admire His handiwork...and say "thank you".











3 comments:

  1. Snoopy,
    I love the photos of your lush flowers. Yesterday as I was resting my knee from hyper-extending it, I was letting Olivia use my camera and take pictures of the flowers in my yard. It's given me an idea to post her talent on my facebook. So thanks! And Charlie Brown hurt his foot yesterday at work. He said he had sympathy pains for my knee. He accidentally dropped a heavy board from taking down a scaffolding on his foot. Even with steel toe shoes, he has a terrible looking bruised big toe, hopefully not broken...will hear today. Poor Charlie Brown!
    Hugs,
    Linus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Friend!!

    Yep - you got you some peonies there....gorgeous ones at that! When you mentioned that you saw the bushes earlier and they had supports around them, I suspected they were peonies as those big showy heads pull the plant down. Those are lovely...and your clematis - WOW!! HUGE flowers - I love clematis and always wanted one when I was there. Can't wait to see more as they unfold..the columbines can be a bit spindly at best...they're unique and meaningful and I think you are treating yours with the proper amount of respect :o) The still make me smile when I see them...like bluebonnets to a Texan!

    I am SO enjoying your blog...so glad you decided to do one!!

    PS - there used to be a participation website called Photo Friday (www.photofriday.com) where they post a word and people submit a photo that illustrates that word...very much like Illustration Friday for photographers. I haven't been there for a long time, but it might be something you would enjoy...you have such awesome photos!

    Hugs & Blessings my friend!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete