(You knew I would get more pictures in here somehow, didn't you?) (Well, this was one of my contemplating/meditating moments at the Grand Canyon. How can one absorb such majestic beauty, and not meditate for a minute?? )
Another thing in Proverbs 6 is verse 23 "...the corrections of discipline are the way to life." This intrigued me because of the previous day in Proverbs 5 - where it was verse 23 again that spoke of discipline. It says that the wicked man "will die for lack of discipline". Pretty strong words.
God takes this discipline thing quite seriously, and our society seems to give it little thought. Actually, it's the athlete who understands the principle of discipline, but spiritual discipline goes much farther than just an exercise routine. I believe it ties closely to Jesus' teaching of Matthew 16:24, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Denying self is not a popular teaching...but it is the way of the Kingdom.
I encourage you to spend some time in Proverbs this week. Yes, I know it takes discipline to mark out time each day to study God's Word. Hmmm, we may be on to something here. But just think of the opportunity you are giving God to impart His wisdom to you? Not a bad deal, eh? The wisdom of God...hmmm...let's have another photo as we meditate on His wisdom.
This was taken at Hopi Point, as the sun was beginning to set. The colors were radiant!
Only my God Jehovah could have such wisdom, power and creativity to make such a massive, yet beautiful canyon - simply so His kids could enjoy the beauty. Let us be disciplined enough to seek Him daily. The rewards are even bigger than the canyon.

I LOVE that pensive photo of you overlooking the canyon...it's my favorite! (all the photos were glorious, BTW, but I knew they would be!) I'm tickled pink that you are reading along in Proverbs too. I am really enjoy doing these posts and it's keeping me blogging, and in the Word, daily. I'm so glad you're blogging...I was reading through some old Overflows and Watercoolers and said to myself, "hey, there are pretty awesome"...I'd love to see some of them see the light of day again...you never know...
ReplyDeleteHave a great week my friend!
Love and miss you!
Twinks